Do you remember your teachers growing up? I sure do. My first grade teacher used to pull our loose teeth, my second grade teacher hosted baseball themed reading competitions, my third grade teacher let us play with our Gameboys on Fridays, my fourth grade teacher used to let us have one theme dress up day a month and act out book reports instead of writing them.
I could go on and on about my vivid memories of my teachers. In many ways, they shape who we grow up to be, as they imprint lessons, ideas, and wisdom on us starting at such a young age.
It is no secret that teachers are grossly underappreciated. To all our teachers, we appreciate you, and we are so grateful for you. You inspire us, you help us realize our dreams and potential, you ignite new passions in us, and you effortlessly work to enrich our minds.
BEST GRATITUDE QUOTES FOR TEACHERS
Today we are sharing with you our top 25 appreciation for teachers quotes.
- “Anyone who does anything to help a child in his life is a hero to me.” – Fred Rogers
- “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” – Alexander the Great
- “Not all superheroes wear capes, some have teaching degrees.” – Unknown
- “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” – Bob Talbert
- “It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.”– Unknown
- “If you can read this, thank a teacher.” – American proverb
- “Teachers believe they have a gift for giving; it drives them with the same irrepressible drive that drives others to create a work of art or a market or a building.”– A. Bartlett Giamatti
- “A good teacher is like a candle — it consumes itself to light the way for others.” – Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
- “The influence of teachers extends beyond the classroom, well into the future.”— F. Sionil Jose
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Adams
- “If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.” - Guy Kawasaki
- “I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession.” – John Wooden
- “The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you.” - Dan Rather
- “Let us ensure our educators know how much we value their service in the classroom, how much we appreciate all they do for our students and families, and how thankful we are for their contributions to our national progress.” - Barack Obama
- “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.”- Japanese Proverb
- “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
- “I touch the future. I teach.” – Christa Mcauliffe
- “A truly amazing teacher is hard to find, difficult to part with, and impossible to forget.”- Unknown
- “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” - Joyce Meyer
- “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” - Bob Talbert
- “Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.” – Solomon Ortiz
- “Your heart is slightly bigger than the average human heart, but that’s because you’re a teacher.”— Aaron Bacall
- “Teachers are our greatest public servants; they spend their lives educating our young people and shaping our nation for tomorrow.”— Solomon Ortiz
- “A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils.”— Ever Garrison
Share some of these quotes with a teacher you know! Teachers deserve to be appreciated every single day for their hard work, and all they do for us. We are so grateful for them, and invite you to share in expressing that gratitude to a teacher.