A Thanksgiving candle is more than a piece of decor that sits in the home. It serves multiple purposes and can be a powerful way to set not only a mood but an intention of gratitude. Thanksgiving is a wonderful way to celebrate the many blessings and gifts in our lives, and candles can be used as a tool to do exactly that.
THANKSGIVING AND GRATITUDE
"Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have." - Catherine Pulsifier
While we should ground ourselves in gratitude every day of the year, there is no denying that Thanksgiving is a season when our blessings are especially top of mind. Research has found that the Thanksgiving season can actually lift our spirits and boost our mood because so much of the celebration is centered around gratitude. Gratitude is an incredibly powerful emotion when it comes to our moods and we can use this emotion to re-energize our spirits with the blessings that have been given to us.
THANKSGIVING CANDLE COLORS
If you want to incorporate candles into your Thanksgiving, the colors that most closely represent Thanksgiving in the traditional sense are brown, red, yellow, and orange. These colors symbolize harvest and fall.
Orange and yellow are very popular Thanksgiving colors as the pilgrims used a lot of squash and pumpkins in their feast. The color palette of Thanksgiving is very robust and this rich palette is recognized as a beautiful way to bring to life the spirit of thankfulness!
HOW TO USE CANDLES FOR THANKSGIVING
Here are our seven favorite ways to use a Thanksgiving candle this year!
- Create a fall candle display. Utilizing pumpkins and squash, leaves, and greenery, you can pepper the candles in with the decor to create a cozy fall candle display.
- Decorate the Thanksgiving table. Creating a table where everyone you love can come together to feast and celebrate is a great way to spruce up the table in a cozy fashion.
- Create a Thanksgiving centerpiece. A centerpiece uses a cornucopia of fall decor and by utilizing the candles with the centerpiece, you can create a festive display.
- Use them to relax. Lighting a candle is a great way to exhale. With the busy holiday season upon us, candles are a great way to create an atmosphere in which you can slow down and relax a bit in.
- Give them as a gift. If you have a budget for it, you can give a Thanksgiving candle to all of the guests you have over for Thanksgiving to let them know just how much you appreciate them.
- Set an intention with a Thanksgiving candle. Set an intention of gratitude as you light your Thanksgiving candle to ground yourself in the spirit of appreciation.
- Take a moment for gratitude. By creating an intentional environment where you can practice gratitude, you can better lean into the powerful emotion
If you are looking for the perfect candle for Thanksgiving, our wood wick soy blend gratitude candles are the perfect addition to the Thanksgiving table - or more importantly, to let someone know you are thankful for them!
This Thanksgiving, we invite you to take time to reflect on all of the gifts you have been given. Maybe this year was a challenging one for you or maybe it was the hardest yet. We know that Thanksgiving and the holiday season can bring up heavy emotions, but we hope you are able to find a moment for gratitude and have a moment soak up the blessings you have been given.
Have a safe, prosperous, and joyful Thanksgiving!