Thanksgiving is almost here and it is a time to surround yourself with what matters most: the people around us. We are so lucky to have a holiday to be with our friends, family, wives, husbands, in-laws, employees, co-workers, and acquaintances. It is a time where we have the opportunity to connect, unwind and relax, and savor quality time together.
In celebration of Thanksgiving, we are bringing you our favorite Thanksgiving Gratitude Quotes to inspire you as you savor this beautiful season! The best Thanksgiving quotes are going to be ones that resonate in your heart and inspire you to feel gratitude and appreciation for the many, many blessings in your life.
These will make you smile, feel gratitude, and find joy in your circumstances. Share these with loved ones but better yet, share your gratitude for them! Happy Thanksgiving!
THANKSGIVING GRATITUDE QUOTES
Thanksgiving Gratitude Quotes for Family:
- "Family is not an important thing; it's everything." - Michael J. Fox
- "A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all other virtues." - Cicero
- "Family and friends are the hidden treasures that make us rich." - Charles Kuralt
- “We must take care of our families wherever we find them.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
- “May you enjoy the feast and have lots of fun on this wonderful occasion. May you have a home filled with joy, laughter, freedom, and love."
- "Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action." - W.J. Cameron
- "The love of family is life's greatest blessing."
- "Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” — Anthony Brandt
- "Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do." - Victor Hugo
- "Family is where life begins and love never ends."
- "In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future." - Alex Haley
- "Family is the compass that guides us; a place where our journey begins and where we always find our way back home." - J. Sterling
Thanksgiving Gratitude Quotes for Giving:
- "Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling." - Henry Van Dyke
- "To give is not just to do something, but to be something." - John C. Maxwell
- "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." - John Bunyan
- “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.” – Anthony Liccione
- "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill
- "Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." - Melody Beattie
- "The more you give, the more you have to give." - Maya Angelou
- "No one has ever become poor by giving." - Anne Frank
- "Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
- "Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran
- "To give and then not feel that one has given is the very best of all ways of giving." - Max Beerbohm
Thanksgiving Gratitude Quotes for Inspiration:
- “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” – James Allen
- "Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude.”- Amy Leigh Mercree
- "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." - Oprah
- "This is a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before." - Maya Angelou
- "Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving." – Amy Grant
- “Thanksgiving day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude." -E.P. Powell
- "The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest." -William Blake
- "When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty, my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup." -Sam Lefkowitz
- "I am happy because I'm grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy."
- "Gratitude is a divine emotion: it fills the heart, but not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever.” -Charlotte Brontë
- “A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude.” -Bruce Wilkinson
- "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough." –Meister Eckhart
Thanksgiving Gratitude Quotes for Couples:
- "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." - Maya Angelou
- "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller
- "Love is not about how many days, months, or years you have been together. Love is about how much you love each other every single day."
- "Love is not something you find. Love is something that finds you." - Loretta Young
- "In your smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars." - Beth Revis
- "The closest thing to being cared for is to care for someone else." - Carson McCullers
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." - Mignon McLaughlin
- "The greatest gift you can give someone is your time, your attention, your love, and your concern."
- "Love is the only gold." - Alfred Lord Tennyson
- "Love is not just looking at each other; it's looking in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Thanksgiving Gratitude Quotes for Friends:
- "A true friend is the greatest of all blessings." - Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'" - C.S. Lewis
- "Friendship is a sheltering tree." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "A friend is what the heart needs all the time." - Henry Van Dyke
- "Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together." - Woodrow Wilson
- "A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you." - Elbert Hubbard
- "Friendship is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." - Muhammad Ali
- "Friends are the family you choose."
Thanksgiving Gratitude Quotes for Employee Appreciation:
- "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs
- "Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary." - Margaret Cousins
- "Employees who believe that management is concerned about them as a whole person—not just an employee—are more productive, more satisfied, more fulfilled." - Anne M. Mulcahy
- "Recognition is the greatest motivator." - Gerard C. Eakedale
- "The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated." - William James
- "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work." - Steve Jobs
- "Saying thank you is more than good manners; it is good spirituality." - Alfred Painter
- "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire
Thanksgiving is truly a special time! The best Thanksgiving quotes are ones that inspire you to connect with the people you love and lean into all that you have to be grateful for. Express gratitude and use these to inspire gratitude in your life and the lives of those around you!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from me and mine! I hope it is prosperous, connective, and rejuvenating. If you are looking for more gratitude quotes to inspire you this holiday, we have a list of the best gratitude quotes you can read through, too!